- Book Brainstorming Session:
- Take a stack of sticky notes.
- Read through each person’s perfect book handout and stick a book idea on the desk around the paper. Try to think of books that you really enjoyed and that not as many people would have read (i.e., Do not write down Harry Potter).
- Go back to your own paper and remove all of the sticky notes of books that you have read.
- Stick the ones that you haven’t read to the paper itself
- If you did not find a perfect book, find one at your local library or bookstore. If you did not finish your paragraph on equality, do so for tomorrow.
- Rev It Up: Time Capsules
- Draw-on: Create a perfect book cover for a book that you would want to take off of the shelf and find in the library. What images would be on such a cover? How are your favorite themes expressed in images on book covers?
- Go to the library and find your perfect match for your perfect book cover.
- Work on SAP.
- Write-on: Which of the ten predictions by the World Futurist Organization do you believe is least likely to happen? Why?
- What beliefs do you think that these futurists hold (your 3 that you wrote down)?
- Do you hold these beliefs?
- Do you think that futurists from 100 years ago would hold these beliefs?
- Which of Auden’s Aphorisms do you buy into?
- What is your own Aphorism about reading?
- Make sure you have a book for tomorrow during homeroom.
Powered by ScribeFire.