Although I haven’t spoken much about the project itself on the blog, I am a Douglas County School District Digital Educator Mentor, which means that throughout the year I have been leading a small cohort of 6 teachers through some conversations about teaching and learning with technology (you can learn more about the project here). For our final meeting of the year (our 4th face-to-face), I have decided to do a podcast/screencast on Google Docs, Google Reader, and Twitter and ask for some reflection in the comments on this podcast. Here are the questions that they will be asked about our 3rd and 4th meetings. If you would like to take part in this reflective process, you can as well, simply by replying to these questions in the comments:
- What have you hoped to achieve through this study group?
- What has happened differently in the classroom or worksite as a result of what you are doing in the study group?
- What resources are you using that have been most helpful?
- What impact?
- Which study group activities/strategies have been most helpful? (ie Article readings/reflections, hands on learning time, group discussions, project share time)
- What would be your advice to a beginning study group?
(Finish the following statements as your first year of being a “Digital Educator” comes to a close):
- We started…
- Regarding school/classroom or worksite/office culture changes, we see….
- Changes we are seeing in students, colleagues, etc are….
(as appropriate to you job category?
- We have made progress in…
- We hope to add value….