- Read chapter 2 of animal farm:
- Why is it so easy to overthrow Jones?
- What decisions do the animals make that go along with Old Major’s speech? Go against it?
- Is the rebellion just?
- What commandments are essential?
- What types of commandments are specific enough?
- Write your commandments onto your utopia wiki page.
- Read Chapter 5 of Animal Farm
- What decisions are being made that go against Old Major’s original vision?
- How do the animals become more human?
- What safeguards do you have in place that will ensure that your society will not become like the society that you rebelled against in the first place?
- Exemplary comments:
- What is so meaningful about the sculpture?
- What is the “moral” of this story?
- Why should we heed this moral?
- What is lost if we head into another time of rapid growth without concern for human dignity?
- Comment on 2 Belief statement essays that have 1 or no comments on them. (If you can’t find any, look for one that has fewer comments)