May 06, 2007 05:14AM
The podcast episode is based upon the idea that teachers will listen to someone who has a lot of experience teaching without technology and then stumbled upon the effectiveness and authenticity of technology and became an advocate for change. They will not listen to someone who grew up with technology, and for who it naturally comes to. They need “one of their own kind” to bring them on board with the School 2.0 movement.
I also decide that we need a School 2.0 plank in the 2008 presidential election. No matter who wins, I want our commander and chief constantly thinking about how technology can influence learning in public schools across the nation.
- 00:00:00: Introdcution to Anticipation
The Academy of Discovery
- 00:01:02: Someone that looks like you.
- 00:02:05: West Wing Example
West Wing Presidential Race
- 00:05:06: Classroom 2.0
Steve Hargadon’s Classroom 2.0
- 00:05:43: The Would-Be Advocates
- 00:07:04: Kevin Honeycutt’s Ideas
Kevin Honeycutt’s Webpage
- 00:10:15: Everyone is Doing School 2.0
- 00:12:56: Teacher Grazing
- 00:15:16: Education in ’08
Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation
- 00:18:39: Conclusion to Podcast