I don’t know when it happened, but I have started using the word “we” in my podcast and blog when I would normally use the word “I.” I believe that it is due to my increased awareness and involvement of the community that I have surrounded myself with. I also think that many more of “us” should start using “we” when “we” write and speak. It makes me feel like I am a part of something, that “we” are going in a particular direction. I want “us” to be aware of how amazing “our” community can become, so long as we don’t fall into some of the pitfalls that I describe in the podcast. Let me know what you think of this idea at email@example.com.
The image for this podcast is by http://flickr.com/photos/factoids/. I think it is amazing.
- 00:00:00: Intro to I vs. We
- 00:02:00: Shoutout to Geeked!
- 00:02:59: The Difference between I and We
- 00:04:51: I have a community!Edubloggerworld, my community?
- 00:07:28: The Coallition of We
- 00:08:12: Chris Lehmann’s Addition
- 00:08:47: The Moment of Switch-Over
- 00:10:54: The 1:1 We connectionRipe Environment: Connection
- 00:14:02: Conclusion to I vs. We
Podcast: Play in new window | Download