Yesterday, I was at a conference called The Classrooms of Distinction Interactive Forum, but I was able to find no one that was doing what you are doing in the classroom. They had all of these techno-gadgets (tablet computers, sophisticated software, classroom management software, etc.), and yet they couldn’t show me the kind of learning that I have seen this year. Whenever I brought up your various projects, they were amazed. But I kept thinking to myself, why aren’t you here to tell them in person. They would go crazy over some of the stuff you were doing, so I invited a few of them to come visit our classroom. At least one is going to take me up on the offer. He is a professor at the University of Colorado, and he was enthralled by what you are doing. I have a feeling that this is going to happen more and more as you become recognized for being unique and amazing. I hope you are okay with that.
- Write-on: What does it mean when you have broken someone’s spirit?
- Read the next Chapter of Animal Farm and look for how Napoleon is breaking the spirits of the other animals.
- Work on your Utopias with specific purpose.
- Write-on: What is the one thing that makes your belief system unique? What makes it Your -Ism?
Can you use this to convince people that your ideas are right?
Work on your -Ism (and hopefully your movement page) for specific purposes.
- Start looking at My Meaning Possibilities.
- Group A: Continue to read to find Johnny’s final words.
- Group B: Continue to work on your Meaning by enhancing some of your answers.
- Podcast Discussion Question:
- The book has always been called a coming-of-age novel. How does Ponyboy come of age?
- Write-On: Is human nature taken into account in your utopia? How?
- Work on your utopias for a specific purpose.