I have been researching two terms that are heavily used in the development and innovation communities to speak about their processes and ways in which to include the user in development: Open Innovation and Co-Creation. These terms have been around for a little while, but they are more recently being taken seriously by small and large organizations. Anyway, I thought I would share the research in case you should want to take a look as well. I think that both of these terms and ideas can help to influence our own processes, no matter what they may be. It is a pretty extensive reading list, so please don’t feel like you have to read it all!
- A co-creation primer: http://blogs.hbr.org/cs/2011/02/co-creation.html
- Open Innovation: Facts, Fiction and the Future: http://www.innovationtools.com/PDF/open-innovation-nerac.pdf
- Co-Creation and the New Landscapes of Design: http://www.maketools.com/articles-papers/CoCreation_Sanders_Stappers_08_preprint.pdf
- Experience Co-Creation: https://ssl.instantaccess.com/bscol/articles/docs/5.pdf
- New Pathways to Value through Co-Creation: http://personal.lse.ac.uk/samsona/CoCreation_Report.pdf
- Open Innovation: A New Paradigm – http://www.emotools.es/static/upload/files/Openinnovationparadigm.pdf
- How to implement Open Innovation: http://bit.ly/QkmLvt
- Living Labs for User Driven Open Innovation: http://ec.europa.eu/information_society/activities/livinglabs/docs/brochure_jan09_en.pdf
- 9 Ways to get your team ready for Co-Creation: http://www.fronteerstrategy.com/uploads/files/FS_Whitepaper-9_Ways_to_get_your_team_ready_for_co-creation-February_2011.pdf
- The spirit of Cocreation: http://www.senseworldwide.com/downloads/SWW_The_Spirit_of_Co-creation.pdf
I have never read one of such articles before!
thanks a lot for the post!