- Write-on: How are our/all utopias symbolic?
- Leaving yourself areas to extend on the wiki:
- Introduction to animal farm:
- What would a farm of animals represent?
- What is an allegory?
- How does the Russian Revolution and Communism fit into a utopian/dystopian novel.
- Craft at least one section (complete with enhancements) by the end of tomorrow.
- Read about junk.
- Draw Junk.
- Write about junk.
- Continue Animal Far, Chapter IV
- Like Aric said, how are the Pigs becoming more human?
- Put your Commandments on your Utopia.
- What is the mood that is created with the following passage?
- “[The smoke] rolls sullenly in slow folds from the great chimneys of the iron-foundries, and settles down in black, slimy pools on the dingy boats, on the yellow river,—clinging in a coating of greasy soot to the house-front, the two faded poplars, the faces of the passers-by.”
- What are the Belief statements that you have created?
- What kinds of stories/anecdotes/examples are the best to back them up?
- Read exerpts from “Life in the Iron Mills or The Korl Woman” and answer the questions on the handout.
- Finish the story and the questions for Monday.