- Blog-on: How would you describe the act of creation? (What goes through your head when you are creating something? How do you know when you have created something?)
- Turn in your Harrison Bergeron Google Doc: What did you learn through this process? (Have someone read your reflection paragraph.)
- So far we have taken a look at a utopia/dystopia that sets restrictive limits upon its citizens. What would happen if we took a look at a story that revolves around creation?
- Read: How the World Was Saved.
- What kind of balance is required between creation and destruction?
- If you had a machine that could create anything, would you use it? Why or why not?
- What happens when people rip-off your social action plan? Is this what we want, or is it going too far?
- Work on your Social Action Plan for finalizing.
- Finish your SAP for Thursday.
- Blog-on: What is it about someone’s writing that makes it distinct from another’s writing (what makes it unique)?
- Style search:
- Your next Academy Authentic will not be published to your blog, nor will it be shared with anyone. It will be used as a way to see how well each of you are able to spot a writer’s style. You will write up your next Academy Authentic using Google Docs and then you will export it as a Word File, sending it to me via e-mail (or you can write the whole thing in word if you prefer). I will print them out and we will see who can match the style to the author the best.
- Of course, you will have to read one another’s blogs in order to establish what kind of style you are looking for, but that will all be a part of the process.
- Today: Write your own piece. It must be at least a paragraph, but it can be longer.
- Tomorrow: Research your fellow students’ blogs for hints as to their style
- Thursday: Turn your piece in before school so that I can print them out and we can see who knows style the best. There will be a prize for the most right answers. (Plus, I will be participating too.)
- Finish your Academy Authentic for Thursday.
Powered by ScribeFire.