- Write-on: How does a debate influence the fate of a nation?
- Watch presidential debates from the past forty years.
- What has changed and what hasn’t?
- Why debates?
- Is persuasion the same in every debate?
- What can we learn from the candidates in order to become more persuasive in our argumentation.
- What is the one object that you think would represent your social action plan, your cause? Why?
- View trailer for Paper Clips and read backstory.
- How is their social action plan different from yours?
- What can we learn from what they have done?
- What did this story/SAP do to the culture of the school?
- Continue collecting data and determining your actions.
- Write-on: Is it possible to save yourself, or does someone have to save you? Why?
- Explore Chapter 3:
- What is Vladek’s most desperate point?
- How does Art seem to deal with the weight of his past?
- How much artistic license is Art allowed to take with the holocaust?
- What do you think is missing from Art’s depiction of the camps and the rail cars?
- Finish the book for tomorrow.
- Arrange desks
- Talk about uStream
- Do any last minute preparation
Powered by ScribeFire.