- Vote on the next Guest Blogging questions:
- What’s more important: social or academic experiences?
- Who was the teacher that had the greatest affect on you, either good or bad? (Or, other stories from classroom)
- What do you see as the biggest factor in the generation gap?
- Which is better: work or school?
- Take a look at the Authenticity Awards
- Chapter 8 Comprehension Question: How did the school board members know to come in to Mrs. Logan’s classroom and look at the pasted-over front pages of the textbooks?
- Discuss-On: Who should decide what gets taught in schools?
- Discuss Chapter 8:
- What is the worst type of coercion displayed so far?
- Why does T.J. “turn” on the Logans?
- Read Chapter 9:
- What are the major conflicts that are arising in the story?
- Write-on: Are there such a thing as good guys and bad guys?
- Read “Entire City Put on War Footing.”
- How can we maintain the moral high ground?
- How is our current situation reminicent of this period?
- Write-on: how can laughing at a bad situation help to change it?
- Write our mini-satires.
- Analyze our discussion, looking for questions that are provable and thought-provoking.
- Choose a question to write an essay about either from the discussion or from my list. (and #2)