- Spelling Bee information and initial entrance test.
- Chapter 4 Comprehension Question: What is the real reason that Mrs. Logan didn’t want her kids to go to the Wallace store?
- How do you find out about a character that is silent, or nearly silent?
- What forms of resistance do (can) the Logans use to avoid servitude to the whites?
- Write/Discuss-On: How does Art’s drawings of the camps help to define the Nazi psychology?
- How do the flies interact with the modern characters? What is their true symbolic value at the end of the chapter?
- Read Chapter 3 and discuss trains, disease, and war.
- Homework: Read to the end of Chapter 3 and answer the following question:
- How is war like a disease? (Use specific examples from chapter 3.)
- Write-On: Look for the best question that is on the other person’s short story. Write why you think it is a good question?
- Discuss the best question.
- What is the hierarchy of names at Cresthill?
- Why is it important to look at literature and life in a hierarchical manner?