- Go over Synonyms and Antonyms in Unit 8.
- Revisit belief statements as genre:
- Why is it important to outline your belief statements?
- Brainstorm belief statements.
- Refine belief statements with Standpoint.com
- Write your own Belief Statement piece.
- Do quick word work-outs using The Nerd Herd Big Word Book notes page.
- What makes an analogy a good one?
- Explore already written analogies.
- Write your own equally complex relationships.
- Go over Synonyms and Antonyms in Unit 2.
- Discuss-On: What makes a topic worth writing about? What makes a topic not worth writing about?
- Brainstorm topics to write essays on.
- What is the difference between a topic and a thesis.
- Develop example thesis statements for our topics.
- Why is defending an indefensible position important?
- Share defenses and select most persuasive performances?
- How do indefensible positions/actions inform our understanding of the first amendment?