- Discuss-On: Share your answers to the homework questions with at least two people and come to a consensus on the answers:
- What are these articles making fun of/criticizing? How are they doing it?
- Why are they targeting these particular aspects of society?
- Discuss-On: What is the best way to honor our fallen soldiers? Share with one another until you establish the best solution for not making sacrifices to our country seem like statistics or things that should be forgotten?
- Why are big words good?
- Introduce The Word Within The Word.
- Write-On: How do you know if your Start-Me-Up sentence is a good one? (How do you know if you have started off with the right size bag?)
- Brainstorm and Write your own Start-Me-Up sentences according to the topics on the handout.
- Play Vocabulary Basketball to study for the Vocabulary Quiz tomorrow.
- Share-On: Share with two people your answer for the homework question:
- In the course of our human history, which has been more effective at creating social change: Verbal persuasion or Written Persuasion? Why?