It is with some hesitation that I post this podcast. I am a teacher, and I will always be a teacher. However, I have been given the opportunity to do more. I have been recruited (although not formally given the position) for a Technology Integration Position in a nearby school district. This podcast is all about coming to terms with the idea of leaving the classroom so that I might create change and achieve School 2.0 in a larger way. At this point, I am very much interested in following my passion for finding solutions, and if this job provides solutions for more teachers and more students and also for my family, I don’t know that I can do anything other than pursue it. I am, however, still looking for others who have either made this transition or who have rejected it in favor of the classroom. Please e-mail me at email@example.com if you have any questions or ideas.
- 00:00:00: Intro to the Great Transition
The Podcast Blog
- 00:00:58: Karl Fisch put me up to it.
- 00:01:59: Why is the first wave leaving the classroom?
Slow Motion Distributed Car Wreck
- 00:05:28: The Long Haul Teachers
- 00:07:15: What Should School 2.0 Leadership Look Like?
Leadership Development for Educational Technology Leaders
- 00:09:27: What happens to the classroom I leave behind?
My classroom Website
- 00:10:51: Other Factors
My Daughter’s blog
- 00:11:55: The most change for the most kids