Thank you to everyone that took part! We had a great discussion and a lot of valuable resources were shared. Here is how you can follow up on this conversation:
1. Reflect and apply for a badge: http://badges.p2pu.org/en/badge/view/319/
2. Collaborate within the session document (connect with fellow educators): http://bit.ly/openroundtable
3. Join the Blend-tastic Bombastic Personalized PD community: https://plus.google.com/communities/112568347126839900241
1. This roundtable will delve into the reasons for why any teacher or leader should consider building, using or sharing Open Educational Resources within their school or classroom environment.
2. This roundtable will also discuss the merits of particular OER movements, consortiums, and resources.
1. Teachers who would like to use OER in their classroom or create Open Resources to share with others
2. School Leaders who would like to explore alternative curriculum and methods for their school
3. District Leaders who would like to support the creation or use of OER to supplement or replace current curriculum
very interesting wrapup w roundtable. Educators can’t do it in a word or sentence. 🙂 one word & then 3 sentences to explain the word. 🙂 All valuable though!
Thank you for providing this opportunity.
I really like the idea of open resources to provide multiple perspectives. I’m curious to see how a teacher really uses them in our current education climate of high stakes testing . How free are teachers to really use these?