- Write-on: Write out 5 questions you have (of all different levels) about the multi-cultural novels you have just finished.
- Discuss the books on The Academy of Discovery Forums.
- Continue to discuss the books on the Forums.
- Write-on (on your blog): Describe a situation from the viewpoint of a victim of racism or sexism using internal monologue.
- Read Jasmine.
- How does her gender affect her character’s voice?
- How does her race affect her character’s voice.
- Extensions: Work on your AR reading.
- Write-on: Translate the important events that you have from MOV into statements from a character’s point of view.
- Get into groups of 3 (or 4) and start writing the script for your two minute summary of the Merchant of Venice.
- Create a podcast in Garageband of your summary using intro music, a verbal introduction, and outro music.
- Extensions: Read your AR book.
- Write-on: Write out 5 questions (of all three levels) you would want to ask Martin Luther King Jr. after he gave his speech.
- Explore those questions on The Academy of Discovery Forums.
- Extensions: Continue asking and answering questions on the forums.