Jeremy Inscho tagged me in this blog meme, and seeing as how my kiddos woke up at 4:00 to see if Santa came, I’m up anyway (Spoiler alert: he did). So, thank you Jeremy, and here goes.
- I am a sucker for Beta products. (Just slap a beta sticker on something, and I will gravitate toward it like a moth to the flame.)
- I keep over 30 tabs open on my browser at all times (the most I ever had open at one time was 197. No, my computer wasn’t functioning very well at that point).
- I have killed both our front and back lawns (they are really small, but still) multiple times.
- I haven’t read a novel in over a year (I used to teach English to 7th and 8th graders, so I find this one super surprising).
- I met my wife because I heard her asking about vegetarian options in the cafeteria in college. After a while, I went up to her table and said, “I notice you aren’t partaking in the meat consumption. I think that’s really cool.”
- Neither of us are vegetarians anymore.
- I have 54 days worth of music in iTunes.
- I knew I wanted to teach from the time I was in 8th grade.
- I wrote my name in the Autoexec.bat file on our home computer when I was 6. Our computer didn’t work for a week before my father could figure out what I did. (If you don’t know what an autoexec.bat file is, click here.)
- I will be a father of three in February. I give it a 22% chance that the baby will listen to the doctors and come on his/her valentine’s day due date.
- I got a 4.7 percent in Spanish in middle school. (Yes, I did try to get a score that low.)
11 Questions from Jeremy:
- What was your favorite class in university? Any English course. I majored in it, and I could have taken English courses forever if they would have let me.
- If you could only read one blogger next year, who would it be? It would be a vlogger instead of a blogger (you know, because… YouTube), and it would be The Vlog Brothers. They consistently make me happy with their thinking and learning together through massive collaboration.
- If you could have your choice of career changes tomorrow, what would you choose? Engineer.
- What is your favorite way to relax? iPhone related reading.
- How do you burn off energy when needed? Walking.
- Who is your favorite author and book/series? Favorite author is John Green. Favorite Book is Perks of Being a Wallflower. Favorite series is Harry Potter.
- Introvert or extrovert? Both.
- Mac, PC, or other? Mac, but only because it is objectively better.
- Which is your favorite social media? At the moment, Google+.
- Who is the most influential member of your PLN? Kevin Croghan. We see each other in real life, but he has pushed my thinking more recently than anyone else.
- Do you have any quirky habits? Yes.
11 Bloggers to Tag:
Seeing as how I just got together a list of 38 Colorado Edubloggers for another project I’m working on, I think I’ll probably choose from there:
- http://mrsmullerlearninglogedtech.blogspot.com/ – Rebecca Muller
- http://edtechlove.wordpress.com/ – Pamela Lewis
- http://avenue4learning.com/ – Michelle Baldwin
- http://jayveanccsd.blogspot.com/ – Jay Vean
- http://toniobarton.wordpress.com/ – Toni Olivieri-Barton
- http://teachertechness.blogspot.com/ – Deanna Duray
- http://teachtechpsd.wordpress.com/ – Monique Flickinger
- http://www.eastdragonden.blogspot.com/ – Chris Moore
- http://msmslearningcommunity.blogspot.com/ – Lisette Casey
- http://d20innovation.d20blogs.org/ – Nancy White
- http://mwacker.blogspot.com/ – Michael Wacker
11 Questions for these Bloggers:
- Where do you go when you want to think?
- What is your writing ritual?
- What is the best thing that you can cook?
- When did you know you wanted to be an educator?
- How do you learn best?
- What is the most amazing thing you ever saw a kid do (your child or someone else’s)?
- What is the one thing you want to do most before you shuffle off this mortal coil?
- What do you think of Google Glass?
- What is the best piece of art you ever purchased?
- What would the tagline for a movie about your life be?
- What do you do when there is a jar that you just can’t open?