- Write-On: Why did you choose the words that you did?
- How are you going to inject these new found words into the different discourses of your lives?
- Along with choosing the right words and choosing the right situations for those words, I would like to propose the idea that we start choosing the right society for those situations. If we were going to think about society as a framework for all of our interactions, we would like that framework to be as perfect as possible. So, what we are going to start today is part of the Utopia/Dystopia unit. You are going to start thinking about perfection by revealing to one another what your idea of the perfect vacation, car, meal, or family is. The best part, however, is that you are going to reveal it to us in comic strip form. Using Bubblr.
- [swf width=”400″ height=”320″]http://www.pimpampum.net/bubblr/bubblr_blog.swf?id=5557[/swf]
- Write-On: What are all of the -Isms that affect your life right now? Why do they exist?
- What do these words mean to you (in words, drawings, ideas)?
- Give an overview of the 5 -Isms of the 19th century.
- What are the things that you know about this time period?
- Check vocab homework.
- Today you are going to have more time to work on your blog posts and del.icio.us, but I want you to take a look at one of your posts specifically. I want you to look for all of the things that you would consider errors. I would like you to bold them. I want you to be able to look at how you see yourself as a writer. How much of your writing do you think is “wrong?”
- Start your brainstorming about characters and setting for your Survival Simulation using Google Docs.